Mo Huang received the B. Sc., M. Sc., and Ph.D. degrees in microelectronics and solid-state electronics from Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China, in 2005, 2008, and 2014, respectively.
From 2008 to 2014, he was an RFIC Design Engineer and a R&D Manager with Rising Microelectronics, Guangzhou, China. He was involved in the 1st commercial 4G TD-LTE transceiver in the world, as a project manager. Then he was a Research Associate with Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in 2014. From 2015 to 2016, he was a Postdoctoral Fellow with the State Key Laboratory of Analog and Mixed-Signal VLSI, University of Macau, Macao, China. From October 2016 to July 2019, he was with the School of Electronic and Information Engineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, China, as an Associate Professor. In August 2019, He joined the Institution of Microelectronics, University of Macau, Macao, China, as an Assistant Professor. He has coauthored more than 30 peer-reviewed technical papers. He holds 16 Chinese patents and 2 US patents. His current research interests include analog and mixed signal IC design, power management IC design, and wireless power transfer.
Dr. Huang is a founding member of the Guangzhou Chapter of the IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society. He was a technical program committee member of many IEEE conferences, and a reviewer of many journals/conferences. He was the recipient of the IEEE ISSCC 2017 Takuo Sugano Award for Outstanding Far-East Paper, and the IEEE TENCON 2015 Professional Award.
- Ph.D. in Microelectronics and Solid-state Electronics, Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU), Guangzhou, China (2014)
- M.Sc. in Microelectronics and Solid-state Electronics, Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU), Guangzhou, China (2008)
- B.Sc. in Physics, Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU), Guangzhou, China (2005)
- Assistant Professor, Institute of Microelectronics, State-Key Laboratory of Analog and Mixed-Signal VLSI, and FST-ECE, University of Macau, Macao, China (Aug. 2019 – Present)
- Associate Professor, School of Electronic and Information Engineering, South China University of Technology (SCUT), Guangzhou, China (Oct. 2016 – July 2019)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, State-Key Laboratory of Analog and Mixed-Signal VLSI, University of Macau, Macao, China (Dec. 2014 – Sept. 2016)
- Research Associate, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore (July 2014 – Nov. 2014)
- R&D Manager, Rising Microelectronics Co., Ltd, Guangzhou, China (July 2011 – June 2014)
- RFIC Design Engineer, Rising Microelectronics Co., Ltd, Guangzhou, China (June 2008 – June 2011)
- Intern IC Design Engineer, Nationz Technologies, Shenzhen, China (April 2007 – March 2008)
- Power management integrated circuits
- Energy harvesting
- Wireless power transfer
- Senior Member (Since 2019), The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member (2015 – 2019), The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Professional Services in IEEE
- Secretary, IEEE SSCS Guangzhou Chapter (2018 – Present)
- Review Committee Member of IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Circuits and Systems (APCCAS) 2018
- Review Committee Member of IEEE Integrated Circuits, Technologies and Applications (ICTA) 2018
- Review Committee Member of IEEE International Conference on ASIC (ASICON) 2017 and 2019
- IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits (JSSC)
- IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics (TPEL)
- IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers (TCAS-I)
- IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs (TCAS-II)
- IEEE Sensors Journal
- IEEE Trans. on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems
- Microelectronics Journal
- Research on Hybrid DC-DC Converter with High Performance
- Principle Investigator, funded by University of Macau, Start-up Research Grant (SRG) 2019-2020
- Study on the key technologies of fine-grained, fully-integrated power management system for GPU application.
- Principle Investigator, funded by the Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61974046, 2020-2023.
- Study on the wireless power transfer integrated circuit based on handheld device
- Principle Investigator, funded by the Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61604044, 2017-2019.
- Research and industrialization on power management system of multi-band, multi-mode RF front-end
- Principle Investigator, funded by the International Science and Technology Cooperation Program of Guangzhou under Grant 201807010065, 2018-2020
- Research and industrialization on ultra low power IoT SoC supporting Bluebooth V5.0
- Principle Investigator, funded by the Science and Technology Program of Guangzhou under Grant 201802010053, 2018-2020
4. Mo Huang, Yan Lu, Seng-Pan U, R. P. Martins, "A Reconfigurable Bidirectional Wireless Power Transceiver with Maximum Current Charging Mode and 58.6% Battery-to-Battery Efficiency", IEEE Int. Solid-State Circuits Conf. Dig. Tech. Papers (ISSCC), , Feb-2017.